ITS ENGAGEMENT SEASON!
This time of year, is one of my favorite times of the year. Not only am I excited about all things Pumpkin Spice and decorating my house for Fall and Christmas, but it’s officially ENGAGEMENT SEASON. Typically, the time from November- February is when proposals occur, and your Facebook or Instagram is filled with engagement announcements from your closest friends and family.
In fact, according to Wedding Wire’s 2019 Newlywed Report, 19 percent of engagements occur during the month of December, with Christmas Day seeing the most engagements. I know this to be true because I was proposed to on Christmas Day, in 2018. The stretch from Thanksgiving to February sees the most engagements compared to any other time of the year.
While Kendra and Company won’t be able to help you pick the flavoring of your wedding cake, or watch you say “Yes to the Dress”, one thing that we are the expert of is HONEYMOONS! That’s right, the vacation that you and your spouse deserve after the hustle and bustle of your big day. You NEED and DESERVE that time alone, just the two of you to relax, bond, and just enjoy your time together seeing what the future holds.
Here are the top 5 questions that the clients of Kendra and Company ask as they start to think about their honeymoon plans.
1. How far out do I start to plan my honeymoon?
- The best time to start planning your honeymoon is 6-9 months from your anticipated travel dates, however I have clients that book their honeymoon a year out. There are advantages to planning in advance.
- Planning in advance gives you the opportunity to confirm your honeymoon with a small deposit and then have months to pay off your honeymoon without having to come up with a large sum of money at once. At Kendra and Company, we offer payment plans that each client feels comfortable with, to help with the ease of paying for their honeymoon in installments.
- You will get to take advantage of the best room categories by booking early. Everyone knows the BEST room categories, with the best views, get chosen pretty quickly.
2. How much should you budget for your honeymoon?
- This will vary from client to client. At Kendra and Company, I have planned honeymoons that are $20,000 and I planned honeymoons that are $3,500. While the itinerary details of those budgets make look different, I always say, spend what you are your spouse are COMFORTABLE with spending. Don’t worry about spending a certain amount of money to feel like you’re getting that “picture-perfect” honeymoon. At Kendra and Company, I will point you in the right direction with any budget type!
3. What’s the average amount of days to spend on a honeymoon?
- The days spent on a honeymoon is completely up to each couple, however I find that most couples spend an average of 5-7 nights in destination.
4. What are the most popular honeymoon destinations?
- At Kendra and Company, where we specialize in Caribbean destinations, the most popular destinations for our honeymoon clients are Jamaica, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Mexico. We happen to also specialize in South Pacific destinations as well, such as Bora Bora, Tahiti, and the Maldives, and have a significant portion of our clients that choose the South Pacific as their honeymoon destination.
5. What type of honeymoons are designed by Kendra and Company Travel
- The honeymoons that Kendra and Company create are unique and special. We have never created a honeymoon that is the same as a previous client. We tailor honeymoons that meet your desires and make sure that you get the very best experience by using our experience and industry connections. We can add the BEST honeymoon perks and will plan every detail, so all you have to do is relax and enjoy the start of your new life together.
At Kendra and Company, we will create the honeymoon package that you are deserving of. You aren’t ordinary and neither should your honeymoon. We will manage every detail of your honeymoon itinerary, from airline reservations, accommodations, ground transportation, activities and excursions, and also make sure you have the necessary documentation needed for your destination.
The first step is easy… Just reach out! You can email Kendra at: email@example.com or fill out our “Let’s Get Started” form on our website. You can also schedule a complimentary consultation, where we can talk via phone or Zoom about your vision for your honeymoon and answer any questions.
I Can’t wait to design your dream honeymoon!